Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bits O Wisdom: Using Twitter or Facebook to Keep the Motivation


A strange thought occurred to me this week. I was updating my Facebook and checking Twitter. It was a slow day for writing. I hadn’t got much done, and it seemed like my muse had gone on vacation. But as I was typing up a Twitter status, I wondered… is this helpful? Is this micro-blogging good for writers who are stuck in the kind of mood I am in? When things don’t want to flow right, when your characters won’t talk or when writers block has you in its clutches? 
Maybe.
When I’m stuck, I always end up on Facebook of Twitter—either venting or replying or just to see what others are up to. Just for something to do, to jog my brain for a bit, while I try and get out of this funk.
Because, for some reason, I always know what to post or tweet. It’s quick and easy, short and sweet.
So, for a quick writing exercise, if you’re stuck, pretend your first sentence or your continuing one is a Facebook (So you’ll limit yourself for this update to 420 characters) or a Twitter update (limited to 140 characters). It doesn’t have to be in first-person, or about your life. You just have to write. You can post it either in Twitter or on Facebook or just in your document if you like. The idea is to just give yourself a boost, a way to get the writing going again.
Who knows? It might work.

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this idea! I'm going to try it! Thanks Maddie. I think this might be something a lot of writers could use to smash the block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is a neat exercise! I'll have to try this. Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say something on this before but have very little computer time in this cafe I go to :) I really like this idea. I am considering getting a Twitter account. Do you reccomend I use my pen name or real name? I don't have anything with my pen name but I don't post any of my writing anyway. I've been also wondering about writing communities and if they are worth a try.
    ~Alexandra Velasquez

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that this post is useful for me I will try it as you said social media is the big source for connecting the world. Everyone should check it to learn how to remove mistakes from the essay. I am looking more posts I hope you will bring these types of post for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur with you that sports ought to be the piece of training as it offers freshness to mind and keep up physical wellbeing. Improve the quality of your content by getting sentence checker from https://www.freesentencechecker.com/correct-dependent-clause-with-automatic-sentence-corrector/ source. It is important to hold co-curricular exercises in school. I am happy to peruse your article and searching forward for all the more intriguing substance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Training is an essential advance to accomplish any status in life as it is additionally crucial right of the individuals to be given quality instruction. You can try this site to acquire reliable grammar corrector. Instruction is a key of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guidance makes you a warrior. Click on this http://www.copychecker.org/paper-similarity-checker-stolen-content/ link for copy checking. It trains you how to wrestle your fights dependent on it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...