Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Poetry: Love Letter

by: Lucy R.



When you feel like you are drowning
And don’t know for what you live
Know that you can do the taking, and it’s my love that I give
When the voices fill the silence
With their lies and absolutes
I will rescue you, my dear, with dreams and wilder truths
So let them say you can’t fly
I see the light in your eyes

Sometimes you felt, like what’s the use
There is no hope of love for you
Just a sad routine, and healing scars
But you keep sight on that bright star
And in time you’ll see, what I just knew
You were meant to win more than you lose
For every piece, of broken heart
Has led my way to where you are

When you feel like those who listen
Just don’t seem to understand
Every hope that you will speak, I hold it in my hand
When the riddle you with speeches
Of how your list of faults is long
I will take you in my arms, and show you that they’re wrong
Don’t get down, don’t get sad
They don’t know what we have

In this tight embrace, feel my heart melt
It’s how you know that all is well
Don’t be afraid, to let it go
I’ll be the one that you can show
Every single tear, every beaming smile
You can rest your heart from all those miles
I won’t ever leave, I won’t say no
I’ll be the one you call your own
by: Lucy R.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I love it. Comforting...we should all be loved like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites from you, Lucy. Loved it! These are things everyone wants to hear from the one they love.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the post. I am a new follower and look forward to reading more. Donna
    I would love a visit/follow to my blog when you have a moment. Hope to see you there.
    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm and touching.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...